Yuzu Citrus Cake
YUZU CITRUS CAKE
1 zest of lemon
1 pinch of salt
100g heavy cream 36%
180g einkorn flour
3g baking powder
65g melted butter
INSPIRATION YUZU CRUNCHY COATING:
200g INSPIRATION YUZU
20g grape seed oil
50g slivered almonds (optional)
- Zest the lemon and mix with the sugar.
- Add the eggs, salt and heavy cream to the mixture.
- Sift the einkorn flour together with the baking powder and add to the mix.
- Melt the butter and add to the mixture while still warm.
- Pour this dough into a loaf mold lined with parchment paper.
- Then, using a pastry scraper or knife dipped in melted butter, slice the top of the cake lengthwise to help it rise in the oven.
- Bake at 320°F (160°C) for about an hour. Check the cake is fully baked by inserting a knife into the center.
- If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Melt the INSPIRATION YUZU at 105°F (40°C) and add the grape seed oil.
- Combine with the chopped almonds.
- Use the coating at a temperature of approx. 95°F (35°C).
- Once the cake has been baked, turned out and cooled, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the INSPIRATION YUZU coating.
- Remove the thoroughly chilled cake from the freezer and dip it to in the coating until it is three quarters covered.
- Immediately place it on a serving dish or plate and let it stand at room temperature before serving.
*Chef’s tip: Turn out onto a rack and leave it to cool on its side so it keeps its shape.