AZÉLIA PALMA BROWNIE
4g (2 tsp) gelatin powder or 2 sheets of gelatin
- Roast the hazelnuts for around 12 minutes at 150°C (302°F).
- Make a dry caramel with the sugar: put the sugar in a pan over medium heat to caramelize; then immediately pour onto a baking sheet.
- Grind the cold caramel and mix with the eggs. Melt the butter and half the AZÉLIA 35 % milk chocolate, then fold into the first mixture.
- Add the sifted flour. Pour in frame and then prinkle with the remaining chopped couverture and roughly chopped hazelnut.
- Pour the batter into 20 x 30 cm rectangle pan. Bake at 180°C (356°F) for around 15 minutes. Leave to cool and then cut into 5 x 5 cm squares.
Soft AZÉLIA Caramel
- Simmer the cream with the honey. Put the sugar in a pan over medium heat to caramelize.
- Stop cooking the hot cream mixture, then cook again to 104°C (220°C).
- Allow the temperature to fall to 75-80°C (167-176°F) and gradually add the AZÉLIA 35 % milk chocolate then mix to emulsify. When the temperature falls to 35°C (95°F), add the softened butter and blend.
- Store at room temperature.
*Chef's tip, bring your brownies to the next level with the AZÉLIA Jelly: Put the gelatin in cold water for a about 20 minutes to hydrate and strain. Warm the milk and stir into the gelatin. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Slowly pour the hot milk onto the melted couverture and stir in the center to create an elastic texture with a glossy appearance, signifying the emulsion process is underway. Continue adding the milk, taking care to preserve the texture. Leave to cool then pour at 30°C (86°F). Set aside in the refrigerator.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Serve the brownie warm.
- Cut in triangles pieces and serve on a plate with some AZÉLIA Jelly and the Soft AZÉLIA Caramel.
- Finish with a pinch of fleur de sel.