AZÉLIA PALMA BROWNIE
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Calculated for 50 triangles or 25 squares (5x5cm)
125 grams (4.2 ounces) hazelnuts
130 grams (⅔ cup) sugar
2 large eggs
140 grams (9 tbsp) butter
170 grams (6 ounces) AZÉLIA 35 % milk chocolate
40 grams (⅓ cup) cake flour
Soft AZÉLIA caramel:
290 grams (1 cup 3 tbsp) whipping cream
20 grams (1 tbsp) honey
190 grams (1 cup) sugar
1 vanilla bean
160 grams (5.6 ounces) AZÉLIA 35 % milk chocolate
50 grams (3 tbsp) butter
AZÉLIA Jelly (optional):
275 grams (1 cup 1 tbps) whole milk
150 grams (5.3 ounces) AZÉLIA 35% milk chocolate
4 grams (2 tsp) gelatin powder or 2 sheets of gelatin
- Roast the hazelnuts for around 12 minutes at 150°C (302°F).
- Make a dry caramel with the sugar: put the sugar in a pan over medium heat to caramelize; then immediately pour onto a baking sheet.
- Grind the cold caramel and mix with the eggs. Melt the butter and half the chocolate, then fold into the first mixture.
- Add the sifted flour. Pour in frame and then prinkle with the remaining chopped couverture and roughly chopped hazelnut.
- Pour the batter into 20 x 30 cm rectangle pan. Bake at 180°C (356°F) for around 15 minutes. Leave to cool and then cut into 5 x 5 cm squares.
Soft AZÉLIA caramel:
- Simmer the cream with the honey. Put the sugar in a pan over medium heat to caramelize.
- Stop cooking the hot cream mixture, then cook again to 104°C (220°C).
- Allow the temperature to fall to 75-80°C (167-176°F) and gradually add the AZÉLIA 35 % milk chocolate then mix to emulsify. When the temperature falls to 35°C (95°F), add the softened butter and blend.
- Store at room temperature.
*Chef's tip, bring your brownies to the next level with the AZÉLIA Jelly: Put the gelatin in cold water for a about 20 minutes to hydrate and strain. Warm the milk and stir into the gelatin. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Slowly pour the hot milk onto the melted couverture and stir in the center to create an elastic texture with a glossy appearance, signifying the emulsion process is underway. Continue adding the milk, taking care to preserve the texture. Leave to cool then pour at 30°C (86°F). Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Serve the brownie warm.
- Cut in triangles pieces and serve on a plate with some AZÉLIA Jelly and the Soft AZÉLIA Caramel.
- Finish with a pinch of fleur de sel.