Category: Cookies and bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
8 ounces butter
4 ounces GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE GUANAJA 70%
7 ounces eggs
10 ounces sugar
1 vanilla bean
3 ½ ounces flour
½ cup walnut - pieces
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE GUANAJA 70% and the butter together in intervals of 30 seconds. (See our "How to temper chocolate" tips)
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and vanilla with a whisk until all the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Add the GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE GUANAJA 70% and butter mixture into the egg batter.
- Mix till until there are no signs of streaks of eggs and chocolate.
- Add the sifted flour and mix well until all the flour is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Lastly add the walnut pieces and mix well.
- Pour the batter in into a 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 320°F (160°C) with fan on for 20- 30 mins.
- Use a skewer for checking it by piercing it at the middle of the cake; make sure that there are no batter stuck into the skewer.
- Cool and cut to portion.