CHOCOLATE CHIP DONUTS
Original recipe created by Valrhona Pastry Chef Sarah Tibbetts.
Category: Cookies and bars
Serves 60 rounds or 25 traditional donuts.
500g all-purpose lour
6g gold dry yeast
60% DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS (as required)
150g COCOA NIBS
- Combine all the ingredients except the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Mix for 5 minutes on first (low) speed.
- Knead for 10 minutes on second (medium) speed, then add in the cold butter and knead until the dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until they are well incorporated.
- The temperature of the dough should be about 75°F (24°C). Cover with plastic film and allow to rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Beat down the dough and flatten it on a plastic film lined baking tray.
- Cover and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to stop fermentation.
- If the dough is to be used immediately, store in the refrigerator otherwise, the dough can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.