DEREK'S IRRESISTIBLE COOKIES
Category: Cookies and bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes about 2 dozen cookies depending on size
4 ⅓ cups (540 grams) flour
2 tsp (12 grams) salt
2 ½ tsp (12 grams) baking soda
1 ⅝ cups (370 grams) butter
1 ½ cup (310 grams) packed light brown sugar
1 cup (225 grams) granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
7 ounces (200 grams) chopped GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE GUANAJA 70%
- Using a stand or hand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Combine eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add to the butter mixture, scraping down after each addition.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the wet mixture and mix until the dough just begins to come together.
- Add in the chopped chocolate, and finish mixing just to incorporate the chocolate.
- Form the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake at 350°F (176°C) for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies, or until light golden brown on the edges.