CARAMELIZED WHITE CHOCOLATE AND POTATO CHIP COOKIES
An original recipe from #BAKEITFORWARD by Chef Tracy Wilk
Category: Cookies and Bars
Makes 24 cookies
ACTIVE TIME: 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS1 (8-ounce/224-gram bag) kettle-style potato chips
2 ¾ (325 grams) ;all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking soda
1 teaspoon (4 grams) kosher salt
2 sticks/1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar
½ (110 grams) granulated sugar
2 large (100 grams) eggs
1 tablespoon (12 grams) vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup/8 ounces (226 grams) Dulcey 35%, chopped
Maldon sea salt (coarse sea salt), as needed for garnish
- Using a food processor or by hand, crush potato chips into small pieces, no larger than 1⁄4-inch pieces. Reserve about three-quarters of the potato chips and finely crush. The larger pieces will be used inside of the cookies, and the remaining one- quarter amount (finely crushed) will be used as a coating.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until the butter is fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and add eggs and vanilla. Mix for about 30 seconds, until just combined.
- Turn the stand mixer off and add dry ingredients. Combine at a slow speed until the mixture is a third of the way combined. Turn the machine off and add chopped chocolate and three-quarters of the crushed potato chips. Mix on slow speed until the mixture just comes together.
- Portion the cookies using a 3⁄4-ounce cookie scoop. Place on the prepared trays, spacing the cookies about 3 inches apart.
- Roll cookies in the remaining one-quarter amount of the crushed potato chips.
- Sprinkle the prepared cookies with Maldon sea salt. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 12–15 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie tray.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account