Category: Cookies and bars
60 grams (2.2 ounces) CARAÏBE 66% CHOCOLATE
60 grams (2.2 ounces) DULCEY 32% CHOCOLATE
85 grams (3 ounces) butter
90 grams (¾ cup) flour
1 whole egg
4 grams (⅞ tsp) baking powder
130 grams (4.6 ounces) chopped walnuts
140 grams (5 ounces) sugar
20 grams (1 tbsp) honey
3 whole eggs
150 grams (1 ¼ cup) flour
5 grams (1tsp) baking powder
140 grams (10 tbsp) melted butter
- Use a knife with a serrated edge to roughly chop the chocolate.
- Soften the creamed butter, add the brown sugar and stir until it starts to turn pale.
- Incorporate the egg, then the flour and the sifted baking powder. Add the chocolate and chopped walnuts.
- Roll into sausage shape in cling film, and leave to stiffen in the freezer.
*Chef’s tip: You can replace the dark and Dulcey chocolate with milk and white chocolate. You can swap the walnuts for pecans or hazelnuts.
- Grate the lemon zest over the sugar.
- Mix the honey into the whole eggs, followed by the sugar and lemon preparation.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and incorporate them into the previous mixture.
- Add the butter, which you have melted in advance.
- Leave the mix to rest in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Cut the cookie dough into 2-3 inch rounds.
- Place the rounds in a circular Flexipan mold. Bake at 320°F (160°C) for approx. 7 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and pipe the madeleine mix onto the pre-cooked cookies.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for approx. 7 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool. Turn out and enjoy.