VERY VANILLA MACARONS
2 cups (200g) almond flour
2 cups (200g) confectioners’ sugar
2 1/2 ea. (73g) egg whites
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (65g) water
2 1/2 ea.(73g) egg whites
1/8 cup (20g) sugar
1 cup (240g) cream
1/8 cup (40g) corn syrup
15 3/4 oz (448g) WAINA 35% White Chocolate
2-4 ea. vanilla beans
- Combine the almond flour with the confectioner’s sugar and mix well.
- Add the first addition of egg whites to form a paste and set aside.
- Cook the 200g of sugar and water to 244.4° F (118°C) in a pot over medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the egg whites and 20g of sugar – slowly adding the sugar, once the eggs are frothy – on medium speed.
- When the sugar is up to temperature, pour the sugar syrup into the whipped egg whites and sugar mixture.
- Slowly pour down the side of the bowl to prevent the sugar from attaching to the whisk.
- Beat at medium speed until the meringue cooled and thick, then add to the first mixture, in three additions.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixtures together gently, scraping the sides of the bowl with each turn, until the batter is smooth, creamy and shiny. This is called “macaroning”.
- Bake in a 280-300°F (138-149°C) oven* for 10-12 min.
- Combine the cream and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the vanilla beans, split and scraped, and infuse for 10 minutes. Return to a boil and strain the liquid.
- Melt the WAINA 35% White Chocolate in a microwave in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- Slowly pour the hot liquid over the melted chocolate in several additions, mixing well, to create a proper emulsion.
- Finish with an immersion blender and chill overnight before using.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING