Category: Cremes and Mousses
184 grams ILLANKA 63% CHOCOLATE
25cl whipping cream
100 grams glutinous rice flour
20 grams COCOA POWDER
30 grams corn starch
150 grams sugar
- Heat the milk, then pour it onto the chocolate which you have melted in advance, stirring vigorously with a whisk all the while.
- At the same time, whip the liquid cream until it has an airy mousse texture.
- Once the milk and chocolate mixture has reached a temperature of 113°F (45°C), add in the whipped cream and carefully mix it with a spatula.
- Put the preparation in a piping bag and pipe out little domes.
- Store in the freezer.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, corn starch and sugar. Gradually add the water.
- Put the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute at 600W. Mix, then repeat three times. Every time, beat the dough thoroughly until it is thick enough to spread out.
- Sprinkle corn starch over the work surface and place the Mochi dough on it. Cover with corn starch.
- Roll out the dough in a thin layer (approx. 2mm) using a rolling pin. Cut out 24 disks with a diameter of 6cm, and 24 disks with a diameter of 5cm.
- Place a dome of mousse on the center of each little disk, then put a larger disk on top.
- Use a cutter to press down the larger disk’s edges and seal the two together.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and store in the fridge until it is time to eat them.
*Chef’s tip: You can sprinkle the Mochis with Palais des Thés matcha tea.