CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
An original recipe by L’École Gourmet Valrhona
Makes 15 pancakes
40g egg yolks
60g egg whites
150g whole milk
125g bread flour or whole wheat flour
6g baking powder
25g raw cane sugar
1/2 Vanilla Bean
80g Dark and/or Milk Chocolate Chips
Maple & Milk Chocolate Caramel
135g maple syrup
135g heavy cream 36%
1/4 Vanilla Bean
85g Jivara 40% Chocolate
- Mix the salt, brown sugar, vanilla seeds and sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Then add the egg yolks and milk. Mix.
- Add the (DARK and/or Milk) Chocolate Chips.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold them gently into the previous mixture.
- Cook the maple syrup between 240°F and 250°F (115-120°C).
- Deglaze the caramel by gradually combining it with the 135g of hot vanilla cream.
- Allow this mixture to cool to approx. 175°F (80°C). Slowly incorporate the Jivara 40% Chocolate.
- Mix using a hand blender.
- Make the maple caramel with Jivara 40% Chocolate and set it aside.
- As soon as the pancake batter is ready, cook it in a small, hot greased frying pan.
- Serve the pancakes with Jivara 40% Chocolate maple caramel, a few crushed nuts and/or some fresh seasonal fruit.
- You can make your pancakes in advance and freeze them.
- Heat them for 5 minutes when you serve them.
- The maple caramel can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
- Simply warm it before serving.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account