BOURBON WHISKEY TRUFFLES
Category: Truffles, bonbons and candies
Prep Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
INGREDIENTS4 ounces Whipping cream
7 ounces GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE CARAIBE 66%
½ ounce Butter
1 ounce Bourbon Whiskey
- Bring the cream to a boil. Pour ⅓ of the cream over the chopped GRAND CRU DARK BAKING CHOCOLATE CARAIBE 66%
- With a spatula, mix rapidly to obtain a smooth and glossy texture. Gradually add the remaining cream, making sure to keep the smooth and glossy emulsion.
- Mix until the chocolate is completely emulsified.
- (For a perfect emulsion, see our "What is an Emulsion?" tips)
- Stir in softened butter and mix thoroughly. Then add the Bourbon and stir.
- Leave the ganache to chill until i is set for about 12hrs.
- Put the ganache in a piping bag.
- Pipe small balls on the greaseproof paper. Roll ball between your hands to make a regular shape.
- Roll the truffle in VALRHONA COCOA POWDER.