CARAMEL AND WALNUT CHOCOLATE LOLLIPOPS
Category: Truffles, bonbons and candies
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Heat the cream together with the vanilla bean.
- Place the sugar in a small pot and stir it with a small amount of water, just to have the same consistency as wet sand. Make sure there are no sugar crystals on the side of the pot. Cook it without stirring until it reaches a dark caramel color
- Remove the vanilla bean from the cream and pour the hot cream onto the caramel little by little (watch out for splatter!).
- Bring the caramel mixture to a boil and cook to about 240°F (115°C) degrees (around 5-7 minutes) and pour onto the chopped chocolate, add the butter and vigorously mix until you obtain a shiny texture. Add the walnuts and immediately pour into a silicon pan, let harden for 12 hours in the refrigerator
- Remove from pan onto a cutting board. Cut circles with cutter and stick in the lollipop sticks
- Melt chocolate and dip lollipops in to coat them