An original recipe by Chef Guillaume Roesz
Category: Truffles, bonbons and candies
Calculated for one 16x16 cm frame
10g glucose syrup
185g heavy cream
110g Guanaja Dark Chocolate, melted
- In a saucepan, melt the glucose syrup and add the sugar little by little until it’s completely melted.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer.
- Once all the sugar is added and a foam appears on the caramel, deglaze with the hot cream.
- Cook to 242°F/117°C.
- Add the butter and stir.
- Add the melted Guanaja Dark Chocolate* and stir until the caramel is homogeneous.
- Pour in a frame 16x16 cm on a silicon mat and let crystallize.
- Cut the caramel into 4x1.5 cm rectangles.
- Wrap individually in cellophane.
*Chef’s note: Click here to learn the two methods for melting chocolate by our L’École Valrhona pastry chefs.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account