CHOCOLATE DIPPED ICE CREAM BARS
IVOIRE 35% Ice Cream
180g IVOIRE 35% White Chocolate
680g whole milk
13g non-fat powdered milk
80g powdered glucose
4g stabilizer (optional)
Cocoa & Almond Shortcrust (optional for ice cream sandwiches)
420g all-purpose flour
180g confectioners’ sugar
4g fine salt
60g powdered almonds
100g whole eggs
50g COCOA POWDER*To make a plain almond shortcrust pastry, replace the cocoa powder with all-purpose flour.
IVOIRE 35% Ice Cream:
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Combine the non-fat dry milk, sugar and powdered glucose, then whisk into the milk and cook over medium heat until the mixture is warm.
- Bring the liquid just to a boil and turn off the heat. Add a small quantity of the hot liquid to your chocolate in a medium, heatproof bowl, and stir with a spatula to melt the IVOIRE White Chocolate. Add a second addition of hot liquid to the IVOIRE White Chocolate, then pour the chocolate mixture back into the pot with the hot liquid. Whisk. To improve your emulsion, pour the hot mixture onto the couverture little by little, and mix it using an immersion blender until it emulsifies completely.
- When the mixture reaches about 115°F, finish incorporating the ingredients by adding the stabilizer, if using.
- Pour the chocolate and cream mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to the instructions.
- Pipe the finished ice cream into desired bar molds and freeze for a minimum of 24 hours before unmolding. The freezer temperature should be between -6 to -10°F for optimal freezing.
- Melt the chocolate to 115-120°F. Click here to learn the two methods for melting chocolate.
- Add the oil and almonds and mix.
- The mixture should be between 85-95°F for glazing. Allow it to cool down if necessary.
Cocoa & Almond Shortcrust (if using):
- Mix the powdered ingredients with the very cold, cubed butter until it resembles crumbs.
- As soon as the mixture is completely smooth, add the cold eggs.
- As soon as you obtain an even dough, stop mixing.
- Store in the refrigerator or roll out the dough immediately.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the rolled dough into your preferred shape and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING