IVOIRE OR DULCEY ICE CREAM
Category: Crèmes and Mousses
Prep Time: 10 min to prep 3 hours to chill
Cook Time: As directed
Total Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
Makes approximately 6 servings
500 grams whole milk
120 grams IVOIRE 35% Chocolate
or DULCEY 32% Chocolate
100 grams granulated sugar
80 grams egg yolks
1 tbsp. milk powder
1 tbsp. honey
- Bring the milk, honey and 50 grams of the sugar to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the remaining sugar until pale and fluffy.
- When the milk mixture is just boiling, pour half of it over the egg and sugar mixture, whisking vigorously until smooth.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture into the remaining milk, whisk and heat to reach 181°F (83ºC). Do not let the mixture boil.
- Pour the milk over the IVOIRE 35% or DULCEY 32% chocolate.
- Blend in a food processor to get a homogeneous mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- After the mixture has chilled, place in an ice cream machine and use as directed.
- Store in the freezer. Before serving, place the ice cream in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to soften slightly.
Scoop and serve topped with VALRHONA’S CRUNCHY PEARLS.
Without ice cream machine:
- Place the mixture into a metal container in the freezer and mix every 30 min. When it begins to freeze, blend it.
- Put it back in the freezer and blend it again when it is almost solid.